Rasnadi Churnam (Lepa)
Reference: Sahasrayoga, Churna Prakarana
Rasnadi Churnam is a polyherbal churna for the external use only. This herbal powder is applied over the scalp, to relieve headache and sinusitis. Use of Rasnadi Churnam is quite effective to get rid from cold, cough and running nose etc. It balances vata and kapha doshas.
Equal quantities of herbal powders of:-
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata
- Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara
- Katuka – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Sarjarasa – Vateria indica
- Kustha – Saussurea lappa
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Gairika – Red ochre
- Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Mustha – Cyperus rotundus
- Vyosha – Pepper, long pepper and ginger
- Puti – Holoptelea integrifolia
- Sahasravedhi –Asa foetida
- Jala – Coleus vettiveroides
- Ushira – Vetiveria zizanioiders
- Phenaka – Samudraphena
- Sandalwood – Santalum album
- Aguru – Aquilaria agallocha
- Tintrini dalasira – veins of tamarind leaves – Tamarindus indicus
Method of Preparation
Crush all the above mentioned ingredients, made fine powder. Mix well to form the Rasnadi Churnam (lepa).
- For external application only.
- Make a paste of this powder by adding the water and apply it on forehead.
- Cough with sputum
- Nasal blockage
- Heaviness of the head
There are no known side effects with this Ayurvedic medicine.