Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Vataroga Adhikara 89-92
Trayodashang Guggul is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine. It is in tablet form. It is also known as Trayodasanga Guggul tablets, Trayodasanga Guggulu etc. It is widely used in the Ayurvedic treatment of joint pain related disorders. Here, Guggulu is treated with 13 ingredients. So the name Trayodashang.
- Abha – Acacia nilotica Linn. / indica / arabica Willd
- Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
- Hapusha – Juniperus communis Linn
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Vriddhadaru – Argyreia speciosa
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata
- Shatahva – Anethum sowa Kurz
- Shati – Hedychium spicatum
- Yavani – Trachispermum amami
- Ginger - Zingiber officinale
- Purified Guggulu – Commiphora mukul
- Sarpi – ghee
Method of Preparation
Make a fine powder of all ingredients and guggulu is added into it and then rolled into pills.
1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day, after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is administered along with gruel, warm water, alcohol, and milk or meat soup.
- Facial paralysis
- Pain of neurological origin
- Bone pain
- Osteoporosis or low bone mineral density
- Muscle spasm
There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to use this product under medical supervision. Its high dose may cause stomach irritation.