Reference: Ashtanga Hridayam Chikitsa Sthana 15/14 – 29
Narayana Churna is an Ayurvedic medicine which is available in the herbal powder form. It is used to treat the various abdominal diseases like bloating, constipation, low appetite, abdominal gas etc. This herbal powder is prepared by the combination of various effective herbs which have the laxative, carminative and stomachic activities. It balances the tridoshas – vata, pitta and kapha.
- Yavani – Trachyspermum ammi - 10 g
- Hapusha – Sphaeranthus indicus - 10 g
- Dhanyaka – Coriander - 10 g
- Shatahva – Anethum sowa - 10 g
- Upakunchika – Nigella sativa - 10 g
- Karavi – Black cumin - 10 g
- Pippali moola – Long pepper root – Piper longum - 10 g
- Ajagandha – Cleome gynandra -10 g
- Shati – Hedychium spicatum - 10 g
- Vacha – Acorus calamus - 10 g
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica - 10 g
- Ajajika – white cumin - 10 g
- Trikatu – Ginger, pepper and long pepper - 10 g
- Swarna Kshiri – Panicum sumatrense - 10 g
- Triphala - Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) - 10 g
- Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare - 10 g
- Sarji Kshara - Sodium bicarbonate - 10 g
- Paushkara moola – Inula racemosa - 10 g
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa - 10 g
- Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt - 10 g
- Saidhanava lavana – Rock salt - 10 g
- Vida lavana – Bida salt - 10 g
- Samudra Lavana – common salt - 10 g
- Audbhida Lavana - 10 g
- Vidanga - Embelia ribes - 10 g
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum – 30 g
- Trivrit – Operculina turpethum – 20 g
- Vishala – Red Indravaruni – Cucumis trigonus – 20 g
- Saatala - Ophiorrhiza mungos – 40 grams
Method of Preparation
Crush all the above mentioned ingredients, make fine powder. Mix well to form the Naryana churna.
Take 1-3 grams of powder one time in a day after meals. It is given along with buttermilk for people with ascites.
- Improves the digestive functions
- Treatment of Ascites
- Abdominal distension
- Liver problems
- People with sensitive stomach and gastritis should take this medicine strictly under the medical supervision.
- In the case of children and diabetic people, special care is required while administering this medicine.
- This medicine should be avoided in people with hypertension because it contains salt as ingredient.
- While administering this medicine in men undergoing treatment for infertility, special caution is required.