Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Saptamrita Lauh is an ayurvedic formulation. This formulation is prepared from the mixture of minerals and herbs. This formulation is used to treat the problems related with stomach and eyes.
- Loha Bhasma – Iron calx
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Triphala – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) and Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients up to 10 grams.
- Take the ingredients mulethi and triphala.
- Powder the ingredients and mix with loha bhsama.
- Your formulation is prepared.
Saptamrita Lauh is rich in Iron content. It is a herbomineral formula which are used to treat eye ailments, digestive disorders, anemia etc. It is prepared by Iron calx, Licorice and powdered myrobalans (Emblica officinalis, Terminalia chebula and Terminalia bellirica). These ingredients help in managing eye disorders effectively since it contains Iron calx (Bhasma) as ingredient. Apart from that, it is also helpful in managing anorexia, vomiting, gastritis, fever, tiredness, and fatigue, difficulty in urination, bloating, edema and inflammation. It has anti-inflammatory properties. It balances Pitta dosha in body. Myrobalans are rich in antioxidants and have antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-cancerous properties. It is also known to cure cataract and it is rich in many polyphenols, Vitamin C, and flavonoids. Licorice comprises of glycosides known as glycyrrhizin and glycyrrhizinic acid, saponins, flavonoids and isoflavonoids, bitter principle (glycyrmarin), volatile oil, amino acids, amines (choline, betaine, asparagine). Iron calx is full of minerals and nutrients. This formulation is used to manage anemia by increasing the blood level.
- Iron deficiency
- Vision related problems
250 to 500 mg, one to two times a day, before or after meals, with honey, ghee or milk.
- Stomach upset due to over dose.
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- Take the medicine under doctor’s prescription.