Reference: Bhaishajyaratnavali Unmadarogachikitsa 26 – 29
Saraswata Churna is a classical herbal powder that maintain the balances of Vata and Pitta Dosha. Ayurvedic medicine useful in treatment of psychosis, depression, low intelligence level etc.
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Saindhava (Rock Salt)
- Ajamoda (Trachyspermum ammi)
- Cumin seed (Cuminum cyminum)
- Krishnajiraka (Nigella sativa)
- Dry ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Patha (Cyclea peltata)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis)
- Juice extract of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) whole plant
Method of Preparation
First 12 Ingredients are powdered separately and then mixed together in definite quantity. Then grind it along with brahmi juice three times, dry it under the shade. Keep it in dry place store in airtight container.
Consume ½-1 grams along with along with ghee and honey 1-2 times a day before or after meals or as suggested by doctor.
It is generally recommended to have it during early morning on empty stomach.
Ayurvedic treatment used in mania, loss of concentration or memory, epilepsy, anxiety, psychosis, irritability, depression. Also good use in disorders of speech and anemia etc.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- Self-medication with this medicine is strictly not recommended, have it only under strict medical direction.
- Consume this powder in fixed dose and for limited period of time, as guided by doctor.
- Diabetic, hypertensive patients, cardiac patients, obese people, pregnant ladies, lactating mothers and children should take this medicine strictly under medical supervision.
- Over-dosage may results in gastritis.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children.