Shankh Vati - Health Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Agnimandya Rogadhikara 182 – 183 AFI. Vol. 1.
Shankh Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine available in the tablet form. This Ayurvedic medicine is very useful to treat the digestive system problems. It is used in treatment of various problems related to the digestion like dyspepsia, anorexia, indigestion, gas etc. This vati should only be used under strict medical supervision. It balances Vata and Pitta.
48 g fine powder of each of:-
- Kshara of Chincha – Tamarind – Tamarindus indica
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt
- Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt
- Samudra Lavana – Common salt
- Vida Lavana – Vida salt
- Romaka Lavana
Method of Preparation
The fine powder of ingredients is triturated with lemon juice to prepare a paste. From this paste, tablets are prepared, dried and stored.
Medicinal Properties of Shankh vati
Shankh vati, an Ayurvedic medicine available in tablet form which is used to manage the digestive disorders. This remedy is quite effective to improve the digestive fire in the body and also helps to strengthen the digestive system. It is quite good to resolve the various problems like anorexia, vomiting, gastritis etc. For anorexia, it helps to improve the digestion and appetite as well. Natural ingredients, used in this medicine help to balance the tridoshas in body. Works well in the problem of excessive gas, flatulence, burping etc. Calmative action of Shankh vati helps to provide relief in the burning sensation of stomach, also helps to improve the body's ability to absorb the nutrition in a natural way.
- Low digestion power
- Peptic diseases
- Improper digestion
- Excessive gas
- Burning sensation in stomach
1 - 2 tablets (250 – 500 mg) once or twice in a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- This medicine should be strictly taken under the medical supervision.
- It should be avoided by pregnant, lactating mothers and children.
- Over dosage may cause slight burning sensation in stomach.
- For high BP patients this medicine should be taken with care as it contains salt as an ingredient.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in cool dry place.