Shirah Shuladi Vajra Rasa
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Shirorogadhikara
Shirah Shuladi Vajra Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of headache. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical It balances Vata, Pitta Kapha.
- Purified and processed Mercury
- Purified and processed Sulphur
- Bhasma (Calx) of Iron
- Bhasma (Calx) of Copper
- Indian Bedellium (resin) (Commiphora mukul)
- Triphala [Terminalia chebula (Haritaki), Terminalia bellirica (Vibhitaki) & Phyllanthus emblica (Amla)]
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Shunti (Zingiber officinalis)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Vidanga / False black pepper (Embelia ribes)
- Bilva / Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Agnimantha (Premna corymbosa)
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Gambhari / Coomb teak (Gmelina arborea)
- Patala (Sterospermum suaveolens)
- Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Prishniparni (Uraria picta)
- Brihati / Indian Nightshade (Solanum indicum)
- Kantakari / Yellow berried night shade (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Decoction of Dashamoola quantity sufficient for grinding
- Clarified butter / Cow ghee – quantity sufficient for grinding
Take 125-250 mg twice a day after food. It is advised along with goat milk, honey or water.
- Tension headache
- Vascular headache
- This medicine should be strictly taken only under medical supervision.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains heavy metal ingredient.
- This medicine should be avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.