Siddha Praneshwar Ras
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Jwaratisara Rogadhikara 44-48.
Siddha Praneshwar Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form. It is used in the treatment of fever associated with indigestion, diarrhea, etc. It balances Vata and Pitta doshas in body. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 40 g
- Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury – 40 g
- Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Mica – 40 g
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Swarjika Kshara
- Kshara of Yava - Barley - Hordeum vulgare
- Saindhava Lavana - Rock salt
- Sauvarchala Lavana - Sochal salt
- Samudra Lavana - Common salt
- Vida Lavana - Vida salt
- Audbbhida Lavana
- Haritaki - Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind - Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki - Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind - Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki - Indian gooseberry fruit - Emblica officinalis
- Shunti - Ginger Rhizome - Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha - Black pepper - Piper nigrum
- Pippali - Long pepper fruit - Piper longum
- Kutaja - Connessi Bark - Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Shweta Jiraka - Cumin - Cuminum cyminum
- Krishnajiraka - Nigella sativa
- Agni - Lead Wort (root) - Plumbago zeylanica
- Yavani - Trachyspermum ammi
- Hingu - Asa foetida
- Bijasara - Pterocarpus marsupium
- Shatapushpa - Indian Dill - Anethum sowa
Method of Preparation
All the ingredients are taken in fine powder form, mixed evenly to make Siddha Praneshwar Ras.
250 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with hot water and betel leaf.
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Abdominal colic pain
- Gastro intestinal diseases
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains heavy metal ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.