Reference: Rasa Tarangini.
Siddha Makardhwaj is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in tablet form. It balances the Tridosha - Vata, Pitta and Kapha in body.
- Parada - Purified and processed Mercury - 160 grams
- Gandhaka - Purified and processed Sulphur - 80 grams
- Swarna Bhasma - Gold Bhasma - 40 grams
Method of preparation
The above combination of minerals are subjected to a process called as Kupipakva method i.e. Heating of all ingredients with kajjali (sulphur and mercury) to method to obtain Siddha Makardhwaj.
125 mg to 250 mg - 1 - 2 tablets once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. This medicine is traditionally administered along with milk.
- It is used in aphrodisiac therapy.
- It is also used in convalescent therapy.
- It is used for rejuvenation and anti-aging treatment.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over dosage with this medicine may result in tremors, dizziness etc.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant ladies.
- Take this medicine only in the prescribed dose and for the prescribed period of time.