Reference: Ayurveda Prakasha 257 – 258
Sphatika Bhasma is also known by the names like Tuvari, kankshi and Phataki etc. It is hemostatic, bitter, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic in nature. It acts as the blood purifier and used for treatment of various skin diseases like leucoderma and herpes. This Ayurvedic preparation is also beneficial in the treatment of bleeding disorders and hemorrhage. It is also helpful to treat the various other problems like abdominal pains, respiratory complications and a few gynecological disorders like menorrhagia. This medicine balances the vata and pitta dosha in body.
Method of Manufacturing
Sphatika – Alum (Sphatika) is heated in a pan, in open air, till all the moisture is lost. At the end, white powder is collected.
- It is useful in abnormal bleeding from uterus.
- It acts as the blood purifier.
- Useful in wounds and skin diseases like leucoderma.
- Use of this medicine is quite effective in the respiratory complications like cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, chronic coughing, whooping cough and asthma.
- Lower back ache.
- It is used for the treatment of menorrhagia.
- Hematemesis (Blood vomiting).
- It is used in ulcers with burning sensation and gastritis.
- It is used to cure gynecological issues like leucorrhea and vaginal itching etc.
- Used in the treatment of leucoderma and herpes etc.
- Malarial fever, chronic fever and jaundice.
- Eye diseases.
- Constricts blood vessels and tissues.
Sphatika Bhasma Dosage
Take 125 – 250 mg, one or two times daily, before or after food, or as advised by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is advisable to take this medicine only under medical supervision, especially for children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Take this medicine only in prescribed dosage for particular time period only.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.