Sukhaprasava Ghritham is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine is given during pregnancy but it should be strictly taken only under medical supervision. It calms Vata and Pitta doshas in body. It is given to pregnant mother for assurance of easy and normal delivery.
- Upodika rasa - Basella rubra
- Urvaru phala rasa - fruit juice of Dolichos biflorus/Cucumis sativus
- Ghee - Clarified butter
- Bhadrika - Sida cordifolia
- Yashti - Licorice - Glycyrhiza glabra
Method of preparation
All the ingredients are heated till Ghrita is prepared.
This medicine is given in 7th and 8th month of pregnancy to ensure easy delivery of child. It helps to prevent the delay, obstruction and unbearable pain in delivery and makes the process easy.
Take quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to take this medicine only under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should take precaution.