Reference: Basavarajeeyam Jwara Chikitsa
Tarunarka Rasa is classical formulation in Ayurveda that keeps the Vata and Pitta balanced in the body. This Ayurvedic medicine is in tablet form, having heavy metal ingredients. It is useful Ayurvedic therapy for acute and chronic fever.
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Purified and processed Sulphur)
- Tankana (Borax)
- Abhraka Bhasma (Bhasma (calx) of Mica)
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Dhattura (Datura metel)
- Rakta Chandana (Red Sandalwood) (Pterocarpus santalinus)
- Vanga Bhasma (Bhasma of Tin)
- Shuddha Hingula (Purified Cinnabar) (Ore of Mercury) – 80 g
- Matulunga swarasa (lemon juice) – quantity sufficient.
Method of Preparation
Take about 10 g fine powder of each ingredient - Shuddha Gandhaka, Tankana, Abhraka Bhasma, Chitraka, Dhattura, Sarpavisha, Rakta Chandana, Vanga Bhasma and Shuddha Hingula and grind it with lemon juice. It is made into paste and finally pills are prepared.
Take 4 mg along with honey, fresh ginger juice, 1-2 times a day, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- This is Ayurvedic treatment for almost every kind of fever
- Also beneficial in spleen and liver diseases.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strict directions only.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- It is better to avoid in children and pregnant ladies.
- It’s over dose might results in side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
- Have this medicine under recommended dose and specified period of time.