Unmad Gaj Kesari Ras is an herbal formulation in the form of tablets. It is used to treat psychiatric conditions. This formulation consists of heavy metal ingredients, therefore, it should be taken under strict medical supervision. It balances Vata and Kapha.
- Purified mercury
- Purified sulphur
- Purified realgar (Arsenic di sulphide)
- Dhatura metal
- Acorus calamus (decoction)
- Rasna decoction (Pluchea lanceolata)
Method of Preparation
Crush and grind the metals using the decoctions and make pills and let them dry. Once they're dried store those in an air tight jar.
250 mg to 500 mg twice daily after meals. It is traditionally consumed with clarified butter.
- Over dosage might cause poisonous effect.
- Self-medication may prove to be dangerous as it comprises of heavy metal ingredients.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy, lactation and in kids.