Reference: Rasamrit Rasayoga Vijnaniya, 9/80 – 81
Tribhuvan Kirti Rasa balances Vata and Kapha dosha. It is an Ayurvedic classical medicine in tablet form. The tablet is used in the treatment of acute and chronic fever. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Shuddha Hingula (Purified Cinnabar) (Ore of Mercury)
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Purified Aconitum ferox)
- Shunti (Ginger) (Zingiber officinalis) – rhizome
- Maricha (Black pepper) (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Long pepper) (Piper longum)
- Tankana Bhasma – Borax
- Pippalimoola (Long pepper) (Piper longum) - root
- Tulsi (Holy Basil) (Ocimum sanctum) – Juice extract
- Dhattura (Datura metel) - Juice extract
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) – Juice extract
Method of Preparation
About 10gm. of fine powder of - Shuddha Hingula, Shuddha Vatsanabha, Shunti, Maricha, Pippali, Tankana Bhasma and Pippalimoola are added one by one and mixed well by trituration in a mortar. Then grind this mixture to a soft paste with fresh juice of Tulsi till it become dry. Repeat this process for 3 times. Same procedure is repeated with Dhattura and Nirgundi respectively. The criteria to determine the final stage of the formulation before making pills is that it should not stick to the fingers when rolled. Pills dried in shade.
Consume 60-125 mg 1-2 times daily, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor and administered along with honey, fresh ginger juice & tulsi juice.
- This is good Ayurvedic treatment for all types of fever.
- It is also suitable in spleen and liver diseases.
- This tablet is good for increasing digestive power.
- It is commonly indicated in problems like– influenza, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, bronchitis.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strict directions only.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe as it contains Aconitum as ingredient.
- It is better to avoid in children as well as pregnant and lactating mothers.
- It's over dose might results in side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
- Have this medicine under recommended dose and specified period of time
- It may cause bradycardia – lowering of heart beat.