Tungadrumadi Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sahasrayogam, Taila Yoga Prakarana – 43
Tungadrumadi Thailam (Oil) is a classical formulation that keep the Pitta and Vata balanced. This Ayurvedic oil is useful treatment for headache and eye diseases. It can be applied externally. Tender coconut water is used as an ingredient in this herbal oil, where Tungadruma is coconut.
- Taruna (Trungadruma) jala (Tender coconut water) – 3.072 liters
Take about 32 grams of each ingredient:-
- Sugandha (Acorus calamus)
- Lamajja (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- Utpala (Nymphaea stellate)
- Chandana (Sandalwood) (Santalum album)
- Cow milk – 768 ml
- Taila (Oil) of (sesamum indicum / Coconut oil) – 768 ml
How to Use?
It can be applied externally.
Internal administration is not recommended.
It is herbal oil preparation which is used for various problems like headache, eye problems and ailments above neck. This oil helps to balance the pitta and vata doshas in body and manage their related problems. It is used for external application. It has analgesic action and massage of this oil provides relief from headache due to stress, fatigue or migraine. It has cooling action and calms the pitta in body, due to which it helps to reduce the burning sensation. It also provides the coolness to the head and eyes. It is useful in case of psychotic disease also. It induces the natural sleep and manages the insomnia effectively!
- This is useful in relieving headache and burning sensation.
- Also good for eye diseases.
- It can even give relief from psychotic diseases.
- It is helpful to induce natural sleep.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
No side effects has been reported with its external application.