Unmada Bhanjan Rasa
Unmada Bhanjan Rasa
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Unmadrogadhikar 505/41-45
Unmada bhanjan rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is a herbo-mineral composition. It contains ingredients which are helpful in treating mental disorders and also helps in improving digestion.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Haritaki Churna (Terminalia chebula)
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica.)
- Amalaki churna (Emblica officinalis)
- Bibhitaki churna (Terminalia bellerica)
- Gajpippali (Piper longum)
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Vayvidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Chirayta Churna (Powder of Swertia chirata)
- Katuki Churna (Powder of Picrorhiza kurrooa)
- Kantkari Churna (Powder of Solanum virginianum)
- Yastimadhu Churna (Powder of Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Indrayav Churna (Powder of Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Balamoola Chruna (Powder of Sida cordifolia)
- Shigrubeej Churna (Powder of seeds of Moringa oleifera)
- Trivrit Churna (Powder of Operculina turpethum)
- Indrayan Mool Churna (Powder of Citrullus colocynthis)
- Abhrak Bhasma
- Rajat Bhasma
- Praval Bhasma
Description of Main Ingredients
- Shunthi - The latin name of shunthi is Zingiber officinale. It is very beneficial in gastric and digestive issues. This is effective in bloating, diarrhea and abdominal pain. Shunthi provides strength to the nervous system and sustains normal functioning of the body.
- Maricha - Maricha also known as Piper nigrum. This increases the gastric secretions and enhances the peristaltic movements of the gut, thus improving the function of the digestive system. It has a pungent taste. It stimulates the appetite and possesses antibacterial properties.
- Pippali - Pippali is known as Piper longum. This possesses rejuvenating, antacid, analgesic, and appetite stimulant properties thus very effective in diarrhea, pain in stomach, indigestion etc.
- Haritaki Churna - Haritaki is known as Terminalia chebula. It promotes digestion and improves strength. It is effective in indigestion, liver and spleen problems, cough, asthma etc.
- Chitrak - This is called Plumbago zeylanica. Due to pungent and hot properties, it acts as an appetizer and digestant. It is useful in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain.
- Amalaki Churna (Powder of Emblica officinalis): It improves digestion. It is effective in indigestion, constipation etc. It pacifies all three dosha (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). It improves brain function by providing nourishment to the brain.
- Bibhitaki Churna (Powder of Terminalia bellerica) - It has an astringent taste. It pacifies pitta and kapha dosha. It acts as a laxative and antitussive.
Quantity of Ingredients
All drugs in equal quantity (20 gms) except loha bhasma (440 gm).
Method of Preparation
- Give proper frolement to above drugs in a kharal yantra.
- Then give water bhavna for 1 day and mix properly this mixture.
- Make 500 mg tablet and let them dry.
- Kept these tablets in glass container.
This is a herbo-mineral composition. It is effective for the treatment of seizures and other psychological conditions. The ingredients in this formulation are useful in improving digestion and provide strength to the nervous system.
- OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Chronic blood disorders
1 tablet twice a day with warm ghee.
Take under medical supervision.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile