Unmada Gajkesari Rasa
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Unmadrogadhikar 504/35-37
Unmada Gajkesari rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients in this are effective in digestion and mental conditions.
- Shuddha Parada - 50 gms
- Shuddha Gandhak - 50 gms
- Shuddha Manahshila (Realgar) - 50 gms
- Shuddha Dhatura Beej (Seeds of Datura metel) - 50 gms
Description of Main Ingredients
- Shuddha Parada - Parada is known as mercury. Its purified form is used as medicine. It holds numerous health benefits which are already mentioned in our ancient texts. It mainly balances the tridosha and is effective in all types of nervous and psychological disorders. It has antioxidant, antipyretic, immune modulating and anti- cancerous properties thus, improves the coordination between the neurons.
- Shuddha Gandhak - It is also known as purified Sulphur. It is a wonderful digestive stimulant which corrects the balance of agni (fire) and increases the secretion of gastric juices in the stomach. It also pacifies the vitiated dosha and is very useful in vata related disorders. This helps in sustaining the nervous system healthy and also acts as laxative and purgative.
Method of Preparation
- Take all the above ingredients in equal quantity (50 gms).
- Firstly make a kajjali from Parada and gandhak.
- Give proper frolement by adding Manahshila in this kajjali.
- Then again add shudha powder of datura seeds and give 7 bhavna with decoction of Vacha (Adhatoda vasica).
- After that again give 7 bhavna with the extracts of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) and let them dry under the sunlight.
- Keep this mixture in a glass container.
This is an Ayurvedic formulation and this medicine is a herbo-mineral composition. This is effective in psychological conditions. They nourish the nerves of the nervous system. These herbs are useful in opening up the blocked channels in the blood vessels and nerves. Brahmi is also known as brain tonic. It enhances brain function too.
- Unmada (obsessive compulsive disorders)
1 tablet twice a day with warm ghee.
Take under the medical supervision.