Reference – Sahasrayogam
It is also known as Varadi Kashay, Varadi kashayam, Varadi Kasayam etc.
Varadi Kashayam is traditional herbal formulation used in Ayurveda for the treatment of urinary disorders, skin diseases and obesity. It has capacity to correct the digestion and metabolism.
The meaning of 'Vara' is 'great' and Kashaya refers to water decoction or herbal tea.
- Triphala – (Amla – Emblica officinalis, Haritaki – Terminalia chebula and Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica)
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Loha patra – Iron (Herbal processed Iron foils are kept dipped in the Kashaya for a few days.) A few companies add Loha bhasma (medicated iron ash powder) to it, in place of iron foils)
- Haridra - Curcuma longa
How to Make?
All above mentioned ingredients are immersed in water overnight then next morning, heat it by adding water into it till it is reduced to 1/4th by mild to moderate heat. Then filter it and consume.
Take 5 ml of the concentrated kashaya and add 5 ml of luke warm water, mix well, and take orally, two times a day.
- Heart & Blood
- High cholesterol levels
- Lungs & Airways
- Breathing troubles in obese people or Obesity hypoventilation syndrome
- Asthma (chest congestion)
- Digestive Health
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal distension
- Fatty liver
- Muscle, Bones & Joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Skin Diseases
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Prostate enlargement
- Obesity (central obesity or excess belly fat)
- External abscess and internal abscess
- Lassitude or sleeping sickness
In few cases some problems like stomach uneasiness, burning sensation in stomach or lose stools can be seen.Share with your friends: