Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali – Amavata adhikara 87 – 89
Vatari Guggulu is an ayurvedic medicine in tablet form that includes Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) as its base. Vatari taila is referred as Castor oil. It can pacify Vata and Kapha Doshas. Hence it is used in the treatment of Vata disorders like arthritis, aches and pains etc.
- Vatari taila – Castor oil
- Shuddha Gandhaka
- Triphala – Haritaki – Terminalia chebula, Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica, Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Guggulu – Purified Commiphora mukul.
Method of Preparation
All ingredients including Castor oil, Shuddha Gandhaka and Triphala are powdered with Guggulu and then rolled into tablet forms of uniform size of 500 mg.
Consume 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day, before or after meals or as recommended by Ayurvedic doctor. Usually instructed for 2 – 3 months.
- Ayurvedic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and hip pain.
- Even very good use in chronic degenerative diseases.
- Provides relief from joint pain and swelling as well as joint stiffness.
- Recovers the appetite and digestion.
- Body detoxifier.
- Useful remedy for gout, Paraplegia, limping and sciatica.
- Deformed knee due to chronic arthritis.
- Controls lower backache pain.
- Relieves the Burning sensation.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- It is better to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Very high dose than prescribed may lead to stomach irritation.