Reference: Rasendra Sara Sangraha, Krumi Chikitsa 26 – 28
Vidangadi Lauh is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form. It is mainly used in the treatment of intestinal worms (helminthiasis), anorexia etc. In our body it balances Pitta and Rakta doshas.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Shuddha Parada – purified Mercury
- Shuddha Gandhaka – purified Sulphur
- Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Nutmeg (fruit) – Myristica fragrans
- Clove – Syzigium aromaticum
- Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
- Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Tankana Bhasma – Borax
- Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron – 90 g
- Vidanga – False black pepper – Embelia ribes – 180 g
- Gastro enteritis
- Inflammatory diseases
- Abdominal colic pain
Take 250 mg – 500 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered along with sugar, honey, ghee, milk.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause side effects like burning sensation in stomach.
- Accidental overdose in children may cause poisonous effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Pregnant ladies, lactating mothers and children should take this medicine strictly under medical supervision.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.