WHAT IS WRITER'S CRAMP?
Sudden painful contraction with pain of certain muscles of hand and or fingers is termed as writer's cramp. It is a problem that involves nervous system too as after researches it has found that who have reduced level of gray matter in brain are more prone to have with this condition. Writer's cramp involves musculoskeletal system because symptoms are seen with stiffness of hand muscles with pain and discomfort. Patient experiences uncontrolled, tiresome contractions of hand muscles that alter the normal movements and position of hand.
WHO CAN GET WRITER'S CRAMP?
Both men and women are equally affected and can be seen most commonly in people after 30 or 35 years of age. It can be primary or complication of some diseases (secondary).
SYMPTOMS OF WRITER'S CRAMP
- Improper writing way
- Altered hand writing
- Not able to hold the pen
- Not able to grip objects
- Not able to perform tasks like, playing instrument
- Hand's discomfort and uneasiness
- Stiffness and pain of hand muscles
- feeling of vibrations in affected hand
- Stress and mental fatigue
- Disturbed sleep
- Short temper
- Mood swings
- Blurred vision
- Digestive problems
Symptoms varies patient to patient and can be very severe in some which can be there for years.
CAUSES OF WRITER'S CRAMP
There are no exact or known causes for writer's cramp to happen but some of contributing factors are as below:
- Hereditary tendency, if parents or some family member has this problem, next generation is at highest risk to develop writer's cramp
- Excessive motor or muscular activity that may lead to faulty writing techniques.
- Exposure to some chemical substance or harmful toxins.
- Due to deficiency of gray matter in brain, particularly cerebellum, thalamus and sensorimotor cortex.
Doctor can take your history and perform physical examination. Another test, EMG (Electrical sensors) inserted in to painful muscles can provide a proper diagnosis by showing pulsating nerve signals being transmitted to muscles even when they are at rest.
Ayurveda is a traditional system of medicine, which is based on the idea of balancing three doshas namely vata, pitta and kapha along with natural diet, proper life style with natural supplements. Ayurveda being great boon to mankind has so much to provide for health and wellbeing. Let us know one not so common problem called writer's cramp.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR WRITER'S CRAMP BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Writer's Cramp Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of writer's cramp. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Brahmi Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily after 30 min of meals with water.
- Ashwagandha Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily after 30 min of meals with water.
- Kaishore Guggul - 2 tablets twice daily after 30 min of meals with water.
- Spirulina Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily after 30 min of meals with water.
1. BRAHMI CAPSULES
This is most effective natural supplement offered by Planet Ayurveda which is made from herb Bacopa monnieri. This herb has various health benefits. It is helpful in relieving stress and anxiety and mental fatigue which are symptoms associated with Writer's Cramp.
2. ASHWAGANDHA CAPSULES
These are another herbal capsules which are prepared from the standardized extract of herb Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). It acts as the best health supplement to maintain the health. It has various therapeutic properties like anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, anti-ageing and immunity boosting properties. It is very effective in reduction of swellings and restoring blood supply. It provides relief from stress, anxiety and improves the stamina, and ability to maintain physical effort. It has rejuvenating property that provides nourishment to the tissues, mainly of muscles and bone that may be weak due to Writer's cramp.
3. KAISHORE GUGGUL
Kaishore guggul is also an amazing Ayurvedic formulation of Planet Ayurveda which is obtained from various herbs which are listed below:
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula),
- Guggul (Commniphora mukul)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Red Physic nut (Baliospermum montanum)
- Indian jalap (Ipomoea turpethum)
Kaishore Guggul is helpful in removing the accumulation of uric acid in the joints and muscles which can be indicated by pain and inflammation. These herbs help to balance the vitiated doshas in body (vata, pitta and kapha). Moreover, these herbs help to maintain the strong immune system.
4. SPIRULINA CAPSULES
Spirulina capsules are prepared from pure extracts of blue green algae Spirulina (Spirulina platensis). It is the richest source of vitamins, proteins, micronutrients which help to maintain the body energized, healthy and active. It has anti-oxidant property. It also helps to maintain healthy immune system.
To buy Writer's Cramp Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/writers-cramp-care-pack