Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Yakrit Pleeha Rogadhikara – 980 -992
Yakrit Pilhari Loha is classical formulation that keeps the Vata, Pitta and Kapha balanced. This Ayurvedic medicine is in tablet form having heavy metal ingredients. It is efficient therapy to treat liver and spleen disorders.
Ingredients and Method of Preparation
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Shuddha Parada (Herbal purified Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Herbal purified Sulphur)
- Loha Bhasma (Bhasma prepared from Iron)
- Abhraka Bhasma (Purified and processed Mica)
- Tamra Bhasma (Bhasma prepared from Copper)
- Manashila (Purified and processed Realgar) (Arsenic disulphide)
- Haridra (Turmeric) (Curcuma longa) – rhizome
- Shuddha Jayapala (Croton tiglium)
- Tankana Bhasma (Borax)
- Shilajatu (Asphaltum)
- Danti (Baliospermum montanum)
- Trivrit (Operculina turpethum)
- Chitraka (Lead Wort) (Plumbago zeylanica) –root
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
- Trikatu (Pepper, long pepper, ginger)
- Ardraka (Ginger Rhizome) (Zingiber officinalis)
- Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba)
20 g fine powder of each of:-
Quantity sufficient of Juice extract of following for grinding for two times.
Consume 125-250 mg in the morning and evening, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Yakrit Pilhari Loha is an efficient Ayurvedic therapy for almost all types of ascites, fever, and edema.
- It is also beneficial in conditions like jaundice, bloating, anemia, anorexia, indigestion.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strict directions only.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- It is better to avoid in children and pregnant ladies.
- It’s over dose might result in side effects.
- Have this medicine under recommended dose and specified period of time.