Reference: Sahasrayogam, Ghrita prakarana
Dhatryadi Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. Dhatri refers to Amalaki (Indian gooseberry), which is the main ingredient of this herbal ghee. It balances the pitta dosha in body. Use of this ayurvedic medicine is done in female problems like leucorrhoea, menorrhagia, metrorrhagia and anemia etc.
- Dhatri (Amla) - Emblica officinalis – juice - 768 ml
- Vidari rasa - Pueraria tuberosa – juice - 768 ml
- Ikshu rasa - Sugarcane juice - 768 ml
- Shatavari rasa - Asparagus racemosus - 768 ml
- Kushmanda rasa - Benincasa hispida - 768 ml
- Ghee – 768 ml
- Milk – 768 ml
24 g of each of:-
- Dried small grapes - raisins
- Mulethi - Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sandal wood - Santalum album
Method of Preparation
The above combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.
- Female infertility
3 to 6 gms twice daily with milk.
- As medicine – quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually administered with warm water and a little sugar.
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken only under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Very high dosage may cause diarrhea and indigestion.
- People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should take this medicine under special care.