Garbhapal Ras - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Rasa Tantra Sara – Siddha Yoga Sangraha Prathama Khanda 140, AFI Vol. 2
Garbhapal Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine available in tablet form. It is used in treatment of fever during pregnancy. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision. It balances Vata and Kapha doshas in body.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Shuddha Hingula – Purified and processed Cinnabar (Mercury compound)
- Naga Bhasma – Lead Calx
- Vanga Bhasma – Tin Calx
- Cinnamon – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
- Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
- Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Coriander – Coriandrum sativum
- Krishna Jiraka – Nigella sativa
- Chavya - Piper chaba
- Raisin – Vitis vinifera
- Devadaru – Himalayan cedar (bark) – Cedrus deodara
- Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron
- Juice extract of Aparajita – Clitorea ternatea – quantity sufficient for grinding for seven days.
Take 125 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of fever, bleeding during pregnancy. It is also used in puerperal care.
- Take this medicine strictly only under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains heavy metal ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.