Gonorrhea is a common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) infection caused by bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae that is transmitted by sexual contact. It infects both male and female, where areas most often affected are mucus lining of genitals, rectum, and throat, especially among young people ages 15-24 years.
Babies can also be infected during childbirth in case their mother is infected and most commonly infect the eyes. Also known as 'clap' or drip.
Causes of Gonorrhea
Gonorrhea is a communicable disease that is caused by bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae, a bacterium that can grow and reproduce easily in mucus membranes of the body and cannot survive outside the body for more than a few seconds or minutes.
Gonorrhea bacteria can stay alive only in the warm, moist areas of the body, including the urethra (tube that carries urine out of the body), female reproductive tract (the fallopian tubes, uterus, and cervix) and other sites are throat and eyes.
Transmission of Gonorrhea
Gonorrhea is highly contagious disease therefore it can be transmitted from one individual to another, in case one happens to get in contact with infected semen or infected discharge from the vagina, throat or rectum.
- Transmission of disease happens through sexually active person. An infected man who does not ejaculate, but had penetrative sex will have the disease passed on to his partner.
- Through oral sex and anal sex.
- Infection can spread from mother to child during pregnancy and this could results in blindness or dumbness and some other conditions to the child.
Risk Factors of Gonorrhea
- Sexually active teenagers and younger adults.
- Unprotected sexual contact
- Having multiple sex partners.
- Previously diagnosed with gonorrhea.
- Having other sexually transmitted infections
Prevention of Gonorrhea
- Use a condom during any type of sexual contact, including anal sex, oral sex or vaginal sex.
- Ask your partner to be tested for sexually transmitted infections be sure he or she is free of STD.
- Don't have sex with someone who has any unusual signs or symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection, such as burning during urination or a genital rash or sore, don't have sex with that person.
- Consider regular gonorrhea screening if you have an increased risk.
Symptoms of Gonorrhea
Symptoms usually develops and start appearing anywhere from 1-14 days following exposure to the infection, but it may take up to 30 days also. It is fairly common for gonorrhea to cause no symptoms, especially in women. Men and women experience some differing symptoms which include
Symptoms in Men develop from mild to severe form:
- The first noticeable symptom in men is often a burning or painful sensation during urination and greater urgency of urination
- A pus-like discharge from the penis (white, yellow, beige, or greenish) or anal discharge and other symptoms like itching, pain, bleeding, or pain with passing bowel movements
- Swelling or redness occurs at the opening of the penis.
- Testicles are painful and swollen.
- Sore throat (rare).
- Pinkeye (conjunctivitis) (rare).
Symptoms in Women may not develop, but even if they have symptoms that might be mild or mistaken to be other infections like bladder or vaginal infections:
- Painful or frequent urge to urination with burning sensation.
- Abnormal yellow or green vaginal discharge.
- Painful sexual intercourse accompanied by abnormal vaginal bleeding or irregular menstrual bleeding.
- Anal itching, discomfort, bleeding, or discharge.
- Genital itching
- Swollen and painful glands at the opening of the vagina (Bartholin glands).
- Pain in the lower abdominal region.
- Fever and general tiredness.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Sore throat (rare).
- Pinkeye (conjunctivitis) (rare).
Herbal Remedies for Gonorrhea by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides effective herbal remedies such as Navkarshik Churna, Gandhak Rasayan, Neem Capsules & Curcumin Capsules for ayurvedic treatment of gonorrhea. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
It is one of the best herbal formulation with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-infection property. It also supports to relieve pain with ease. Navkarshik Churna is herbal combination of various herbs which work synergistically.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis): It is having antibacterial, anti-oxidative property as well as naturally rich in vitamin C.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula): It is very good to reduce toxins from the blood.
- Bahera (Terminalia bellerica): It's a cleaning agent and provides relief to patient
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia): It's a wonderful herb to clear the toxins from the body and rich in natural anti-oxidants.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia)
- Neem (Azadirachta indica): Neem is nature's wonder wall against blood impurities. Any impurities and toxins in blood are cleansed by Neem.
- Vacha (Acorus calamus): Vacha is used to increase memory in Ayurveda but It has very good role in reducing inflammation, pain
- Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa): Katuki is described in Ayurveda as best liver detoxifying herb. It helps the liver to clear the toxins from the system.
- Daru Haldi (Berberis aristata): The root powder is used to clean the blood and removes other toxins in the blood.
This herbal formulation is useful in diseases like ringworm, scabies, itching and other fungal infections. It manages to maintain the health of the female reproductive system. It contains Shuddh Gandhak.
Shuddh Gandhak (Sulphur (purified) - This element is a good rejuvenator, removes toxins out of the body and relieves the symptoms of infection
Dose: 2 Tablets 2-3 times a day.
This herbal product is beneficial supplement to maintain health, as it is an antioxidant and immunity modulator. It supports to relieve skin irritation, skin itching, skin inflammation etc.
Neem (Azadirachta Indica) - Useful as a tonic and promotes wound healing and detoxifier. Possesses properties like being anti-bacterial, and anti-viral agent. It is useful in gonorrhea
Dose: 1 Capsule 2 times a day, after meals, with plain water.
Curcumin Capsules are wonderful formulation of planet ayurveda and very useful to manage the problem of gonorrhea. These capsules are prepared from the pure extracts of herb Haridra (Curcuma longa) which is packed with antimicrobial properties.
Dose: 1 Capsule 2 times a day, after meals, with plain water.Share with your friends: