Skin is the most sensitive part of our body which is exposed to the external environment, It could be the reason behind various skin problems. The Skin problems such as psoriasis, allergies, bacterial infections, fungal infection, acne, eczema, and insect bites, all these skin disorders can be easily treated by using home remedies. The skin allergies and diseases leads to rashes, irritation, itching, and redness on your skin. This could be visible on any parts of your body. Home remedies are the best solution for all kind of skin problems, they are free from any side effects and will make your skin glowing and healthy. Today most of the people are affected with a common skin disorder i.e. acne. It mainly effects your physical visibility. Lets discuss some home remedies which are really effective for skin problems.
Home Remedies for Skin Problems
1. Aloe Vera
It is a very powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-fungal herb which treats chronic problems like acne, dry skin, psoriasis, and sunburn etc. Aloe vera has a good anti-aging property which helps to remove the fine lines from our skin. It keeps your skin smooth and soft. Aloe Vera gives a cooling effect to your skin. This herb contains two hormones auxin and gibberellins which provide anti-inflammatory property to it and protect our skin from swelling. The leaves of aloe vera contain phytochemicals such as anthraquinones, acetylated mannans, hormones, amino acid, carbohydrates, fatty acids, and enzymes, which are helpful for clear acne free skin.
- Take the stem of aloe vera, remove the uppermost layer and apply the jelly portion on your skin directly.
- Repeat this 3-times in a day.
- You can also mix the aloe vera gel with coconut oil, with the help of cotton pad apply it gently on your skin.
2. Neem (Azadirachta Indica)
Neem has been used for several years for the treatment of various skin problems including acne, rashes, psoriasis, and various fungal infections. Its roots, bark, leaves, flowers, and seeds all have medicinal properties. According to the Ayurvedic point of view, neem is bitter, astringent in taste, dry and light to digest and cold in potency. Azadirachta indica helps to heal wounds quickly and also provide relieves from diabetic carbuncles.
- Boil some neem leaves, strain the solution, leave it for 10 mints and allow it to cool down.
- Drink this solution in the morning with empty stomach.
- You can also apply the neem extract paste on your face for 10-15 mints and then rise your face with lukewarm water.
3. Turmeric (Curcuma Longa)
Turmeric is one of famous Ayurvedic herb and has various medicinal properties. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant property protect our skin from inflammation and oxidative damage by ROS species. This herb mainly calms your skin and target your pores. Turmeric can also help your face to clear up from acne breakouts. Medicinal properties of turmeric: Bitter, pungent in taste, dryness, and lightness in qualities, and hot in potency. After digestion, this herb undergoes pungent taste. It balances all the three doshas of our body.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of turmeric powder and add some rose water to it. Make a smooth paste and apply this on your skin.
- Leave it for 10-20 minutes, and wash your face with lukewarm water.
- You can also take it as dietary supplements.
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is the natural and most beneficial dietary substance due to its medicinal properties. It acts as a natural anti-fungal and antibacterial agent. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is amazing for the people who suffer from Psoriasis. It keeps your skin moisturized for a long time. This helps us to stop the damage to the tissue in the body due to oxidation.
- Consume one tablespoon of coconut oil daily.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into coconut oil, apply gently on your skin and let it become absorbed.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw and organic apple cider vinegar is a common home remedy to treat skin irritation, rashes, and inflammation. Due to its acetic nature, it is very helpful for skin infections such as various allergies that could cause serious problems. Along with all skin problems, apple cider vinegar also prevents our body from diabetes, obesity, heart disorders, and cholesterol problem. The protective acidic layer of apple cider vinegar make your skin smoother and it absorbs the excess oil from your skin. It restoring the proper pH level to your skin and protect your skin from future damage.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in one glass of lukewarm water.
- Mix it well and drink it in the early morning before your breakfast.
- Dip a cotton ball in diluted ACV and apply it gently on your affected area of skin. Do this twice daily.
6. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is very beneficial for any type of fungal infection on the surface of your skin. The fungal infection may lead to intense itching and discomfort. It mainly affects the moist and warm area of your skin. Due to its strong antifungal, and anti-inflammatory nature this oil helps to reduce the skin inflammation and fight against fungal infection. It also has antiseptic, analgesic, hypotensive and sedative effects.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of this oil with one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Dip a cotton ball in this solution and apply the oil blend on the infected area of your skin.
- Leave it for 25-30 minutes, rinse it with lukewarm water and pat dry thoroughly.
- Do this twice daily for few months until the fungal infection is completely gone.
7. Oat Meal
The use of oatmeal is not limited to your morning breakfast, you can also include oatmeal in your beauty regimen to cure various skin problems. Oatmeal contain 18 different amino acids, which are very essential for our skin. Amino acids help our body to build tissue and promote healing. Oatmeal is the rich source of vitamin B, Thiamin, copper, zinc, and selenium and omega-3 fatty acids which support the good health of your skin. The oatmeal face mask is beneficial for people who are suffering from acne problems. It exfoliates dead skin and helps to maintain the pH level of the skin.
- Add one tablespoon of honey, ½ tablespoon of lemon in one tablespoon of oatmeal. Mix it well.
- Apply this paste on your face gently in circular motion.
- Leave it for 10-20 minutes.
- After that rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Apply this face mask once or twice a week.
All these natural remedies which are mention above are very helpful to cure various skin problems. You should try these remedies at home. Along with these, you can also opt for peppermint essential oil, lemon juice, and gram flour powder.Share with your friends: