Reference: Yoga Ratnakara Udara Chikitsa p: 597
Narach Ras is classical preparation that keep the Vata and Pitta balanced. This Ayurvedic medicine contains heavy metal ingredients and available in tablet form. It is useful treatment for conditions like ascites and constipation.
- Tankana Bhasma (Borax) – 10 g
- Maricha (Black pepper) (Piper nigrum) – 10 g
- Rasa (Herbal purified Mercury) – 10 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Herbal purified Sulphur) – 20 g
- Pippali (Long pepper fruit) (Piper longum) – 20 g
- Shunti (Ginger Rhizome) (Zingiber officinalis) – 20 g
- Danti (Baliospermum montanum) – 90 g
Method of Preparation
Store in a dry cool place.
Consume 125 – 500 mg with water or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor and it can be administered for a period of one month.
If a patient start experiencing purgation, dose is given along with curd rice and green gram gruel to stop it.
- An efficient Ayurvedic therapy for ascites.
- Also good in treating constipation.
- Good treatment for liver disorders.
- Useful in Panchakarma procedure called Virechana – Purgation therapy.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- It’s Self-medication with might be unsafe as it contains heavy metal ingredient.
- Have accurate dose of this medicine and that too for a period as suggested by doctor.
- It’s over dose can also results in side effects.
- Better to avoid in in pregnant and lactating women as well as in children.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children.