NATURAL TIPS TO MAINTAIN YOUR HEALTH DURING LOCKDOWN AND FOREVER
Unhealthy food habits and lifestyle such as lack of physical activity and nutrients lacking diet leads to various chronic diseases. Among them obesity is one of the main problems that occur due to poor diet and lifestyle. Ultimately, Diet plays an important role in maintaining a good health. Eating the foods which is good for your health helps in maintaining the weight and improves your physique as well. The healthy nutritious diet helps you to be active and fit and also provides an ample amount of energy to meet the challenges of your hectic and busy life. This article is about the importance of diet in staying fit, healthy, and maintaining an active lifestyle.
Many people because of their busy schedule cannot focus on what they are eating, they eat what they find convenient, and they switch to more junk foods, develop excessive drinking and smoking habits and doing harm to their health. It is to encourage and aware people about the food that they can add to their daily diet to stay healthy and happy. But before that, let's go through the importance, why actually our diet should be nutritious?
IMPORTANCE OF EATING HEALTHY FOOD
1. COMBATS RISK OF DISEASES
Eating healthy foods helps you to lower the chances of various health risks like diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, heart diseases, liver disorders, skin problems, and also mental problems like anxiety, anger, and depression.
2. CONTROLS THE BODY WEIGHT
Healthy eating also helps in maintaining a good physique it makes you to feel confident and active, helps you to concentrate and focus well.
3. IMPROVES MOOD
Mindful eating combined with physical activity can lead to better mental and physical health. It also helps to manage stress, toned body, and set a good example for your social groups, colleagues, and family.
Along with diet, regular exercise also helps you to remain active and fit. Working out 3-4 times a week is enough to keep your circulation healthy. But so many people complain that they do not have enough time to exercise on a daily basis. For them, a balanced healthy diet along with minimal exercise, is a good option to be adopted to keep themselves fit and healthy.
The Fact that it is 80% diet and 20 % exercise that brings effective results in staying fit, healthy, and active so it becomes vital that we focus on this 80% of the area.
EASY AND SIMPLE FOOD OPTIONS
A healthy diet is a complete mixture of high amounts of proteins and fiber as well as low consumptions of simple carbs like chapatti, sugar, and meat. A simple Indian diet is rich in nutrients like green leafy vegetables, dairy products, fruits, grains, and lentils. Traditional Indian spices comprise of so many health benefits like turmeric known for its anti-inflammatory property, coriander, ginger, cumin improves digestion and provides flavor and nutritional benefits to the food. Below are some easy to make and simple food options that require the least amount of your time and efforts but loaded with the immense benefits of nutrients. You can always consider these easy food options when you are getting late.
These food ideas are easy to make and are healthy options for keeping you staying fit and active:
1. Besan Chila
Besan Chila is rich in complex carbohydrates and rich in high protein content. Quick and easy to make besan ka chila is an immediate and ready to eat the snack you can binge on for healthy snack option. To make besan ka chilla you need:
- 1 cup of gram flour
- Mix the water to make the batter
- Add some chopped onion, tomatoes and other mixes of vegetables
- Add some mix of spices like salt, pepper, green chilli, turmeric powder, and some coriander leaves.
- You can also add some spices of your own choice.
How to Make?
Heat the pan, add some mustard oil / Olive oil and now spread the batter on the pan. Cook both sides until it turns little brown on low flame.
You can eat it with ketchup or prefer healthy homemade chutney for better taste.
Poha is low in calories. Easy to make, rich in iron and healthy carbohydrates. To make healthy poha you have to:
- Soak the poha in water for 1 to 2 mins.
- Chop some onion and tomatoes.
How to Make?
On a low flame, add some ghee and mix some curry leaves, green chilli, peanuts, and mustard seeds. Add salt, turmeric powder, and other spices then finally add the soaked poha and mix it well. You can also add some coriander leaves for better taste.
3. Soya Biryani
Soya Biryani is high in protein. A healthy and nutritious meal which is easy to prepare.
Soak one small bowl of soya chunks in hot water for 15 minutes.
How to Make?
Heat the oil in a pan add some cumin seeds, put some salt and green chilli then add some chopped onions and fry them until it turns brown. Then add some chopped tomatoes and ginger garlic paste for the taste. Put the soaked soya chunks mix them properly, and then add some coriander leaves. Add 2 glasses of water, when the water starts boiling add ½ a cup of soaked rice in it. Cover the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes.
You can add some lemon for better flavor and can eat it with curd.
4. Corn Vegetable Soup
This corn vegetable soup is rich in its nutritious value. Quick simple, tasty, and healthy soup is good for weight loss and aids in good digestion.
How to Make?
Boil the water in a pan; add some rock salt, black pepper, and ginger. Mix the spices then add some beans, capsicum, carrots, green chilli, and corns. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
Add some lemon juice and coriander leaves for good taste.
5. Masala Oats
Oats are a good source of protein that keeps us full for a longer period of time and is a healthy and nutritious food option.
How to Make?
Heat the oil in the Pan, add some cumin seeds, chopped onions, green chilli, beans, rock salt and mix it well then add some chopped tomatoes in it. Then add some oats and 1 cup of water. Keep it on low flame for 10 minutes. This dish is ready to serve.
6. Sweet Rice
Brown rice is a rich source of complex carbs and fiber and it also helps in weight loss. Sweet rice is an easy option when you crave some dessert, to add some sweet flavor to your taste.
How to Make?
- Take ½ cup of brown rice and boil it.
- Then add some cow ghee and mix the jaggery.
- It is one of the easiest, healthy and tasty food. You can also add some dry fruits like cashew, almonds, and walnuts for good taste.
7. Paneer Capsicum Roll
Paneer capsicum is a rich source of protein, calcium, iron and carbs.
How to Make?
- Heat the oil in a pan, then add some cumin seeds and green chilli, chopped onions.
- When the onion turns brown, add spices, turmeric powder and rock salt to it, then mix it well.
- Mix the chopped capsicum and pieces of paneer to it.
- Let it cook for 7 -8 minutes on low flame.
- Roll the roti and add the paneer capsicum mixture in it.
You can also add curd and ketchup for better taste.
SOME BONUS TIPS
Staying active and healthy requires some healthy lifestyle changes. You can follow these tips along with the diet for better results. The following tips are:
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. It helps in avoiding dehydration related issues and also helps to avoid cravings.
- Walk at least 8000 steps daily, even if you don't work out on a daily basis, walk helps you to keep active and fit.
- Drink lukewarm water with lemon and honey in the morning which helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Avoid taking escalators and lifts instead start using stairs for staying active.
- Don't just sit after eating. Walk for 5-10 minutes after eating your meals. It helps in maintain good digestion and provides ample amount of energy to remain active all the day.
- Avoid sitting for long hours during work. Take 5 -7 minutes of small breaks for a walk.
- Add some fresh fruits and nuts to keep yourself full.
- Cut on sugary foods and beverages.
- Avoid excessive smoking and drinking.
- Maintain good quality of sleep, it helps you to stay mentally fit and physically active.
- Avoid junk foods on daily basis and keep a cheat day for your cravings.
The technique of staying fit and active is healthy and mindful eating. Keeping the records of your daily calorie intake helps you to keep track of your eating habits. Replace the junk food cravings with tasty and healthy food snacks. Keep yourself active by eating small meals and keeping yourself hydrated. A healthy and balanced diet is one which is rich in fiber, vitamins, proteins, and carbohydrates, also it should be low in calorie and rich in its nutritional value. Following the above-mentioned diet and tips, helps in reducing the cholesterol level, lower the risk of obesity, overweight, heart diseases, and other related conditions by boosting the immune system. Staying active, healthy, and fit makes you look attractive and helps you to concentrate better in your work areas. Maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle helps to cope up with the daily life's stress level and it also helps in building a good level of confidence among the individuals. So make these easy and simple recipes when you are late to work, and you don't have enough time and mood to cook the proper meal. Also, you can use the above mentioned tips to learn the concept of mindful healthy eating that is good for your mind as well as your body.