Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Nadivrana Rogadhikara 39
Somraji Taila (Oil) is an herbal Ayurvedic oil very useful in treatment of various skin conditions like eczema, gout, pruritus etc. It is applied externally. Its main ingredient is mustard oil base.
Ingredients and Method of Preparation
Form paste using fine powders of 24 g of each of:-
- Somaraji (Psoralea corylifolia)
- Haridra (Turmeric rhizome) (Curcuma longa)
- Daruharidra - Berberis aristata – stem
- Sarshapa (Mustard seed) (Brassica juncea)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Karanja (Indian Beech) (Pongamia pinnata) – bark / seed
- Edagajabeeja (Cassia tora)
- Aragvadha (Cassia fistula)
- Sarshapa Taila (Mustard Oil) – 768 ml
- Water – 3.072 liters
Heat all ingredients till only its oil remains behind and then filter it. Then store it in cool and dry place, keeping away from direct sunlight.
Somraji Taila is very useful Ayurvedic oil for various skin conditions. It is effective in skin problems like in Psoriasis, improves the immunity and promotes the purification of blood, thereby providing relief from itching, reduces inflammation and redness, giving soothing effect to patient. It is also effective to use in eczema and dermatitis, helps to get rid of painful red rashes and itching, manages profuse discharge. It brings great relief from other allergic skin conditions characterized by itching. It is also useful in scabies too, liberates a person from the discomfort of itching. It is helpful Ayurvedic remedy in case of ringworm and various other skin problems. It is also helpful in managing the condition of leucoderma. Can be used in pityriasis condition too, lessen the rashes. Even helpful in leprosy. It is even efficient to use for patients with STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases).
- Useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, allergic skin conditions with itching.
- Also beneficial in Leprosy, vitiligo and ringworm infections.
How to Use?
Use by applying it over the affected area.
Externally can be applied for long period of time.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- No side effects has been reported till now with use of this medicine.
- Keep it away from reach of children.