Trivrit Lehyam - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Ashtanga Hridayam
Trivrit Lehyam is an herbal formulation in the form of a jam which aids in treating constipation. It is also called Trivritadi lehyam and Trivrilleham.
- Trivrit (Operculina turpethum)
- Trijata (Cinnamon, cardamom, Tej patra / Cinnamomum tamala)
Method of Preparation
Clean all the ingredients and make a water decoction of Operculina turpethum. After the decoction is made, add powdered Operculina turpethum and sugar and heat it till it attains a semisolid consistency. In the end honey is added with Trijata and combined well.
3 to 6 grams twice a day after meals. It can be taken with lukewarm water, honey or milk.
It can be taken in a quantity of 5 to 10 grams after dinner as a laxative.
- Cardiac ailments
- The dosage is different for everyone according to their digestive strengths.
- Over dosage may cause severe diarrhea.
- Self-medication is discouraged.